Monday, August 25, 2008

Quick updates

1. Our bacterial fauna is doing well! I avoided sugar, dairy and most wheat for the past 10 days and think we've dodged thrush during this antibiotics round. I even think I lost a pound or two... getting really close to wearing some pre-pregnancy jeans.

2. Bean and I had a 3-day adventure at a rural women's gathering, staying in a tent, etc. It was wonderful; he takes well to tents. We enjoyed the time together with fewer distractions and time with other women and kids. Why can't life be like that all the time?

3. We had FROST last night! Fall is coming... we've had a some summer adventures, but I feel a bit desperate to have a few more before the cold temps come in!

4. Bawk! We still have 18 happy young chickens, 5 still with their momma hen, 13 "teens" on their own. Picture someday?

5. I napped this weekend and am now suffering from the Monday evening sleepies... need to get moving to bed. Zzzzzz.

No comments: