Friday, March 02, 2007

Catch my drift?

Garages are handy things. They keep the rain and snow off your car, your chicken feed and your snowblower.



Ack! The SNOWBLOWER! Completely sealed in. At least the shovels were in the truck, stuck in the driveway. We tackled that drift and WF got his mechanical snow-throwing assist. Thank goodness for technology!



The snow kept up most of the day, but the wind let up enough to let us have a little trek to the mailbox; no mail, though. They've stopped delivery for the past couple days.




Somehow, the Internet keeps us from feeling too isolated.

5 comments:

Lori said...

Wow! I'm jealous; I moved to Alaska, and have had only one real snowstorm all winter!
Glad you guys are managing!

Melissa said...

Wow! That is some snowdrift.

You've put me to shame. I was complaining to myself this morning about the snow, but those pictures have put things in perspective.

Deb said...

Hah! This is what it looks like here! I keep telling my husband he was asking for this when he got more horses...

Maggie said...

Should I even comment as I live in Florida? Just thought I would let you know that I showed my little ones all of your great snow pictures as they have never encountered any so far.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comments, everyone!

Loribird: I've heard that Alaska's a bit short on snow this year, same as we WERE before this sntorm.

We are shoveled out and even went to a friend's house last night.

Stayed away from the computer yesterday, as it was too easy to spend most of Friday in front of it... eek.

But more pictures soon if I can get the disk to work right...