Monday, May 21, 2007

Breaking (pipping?) News!

Breaking news, indeed...
I crack myself up (ha)! We just received word that 10 eggs from our hens have hatched out a friend’s house; he and his family have been using an incubator to start their chicken-raising adventure. Chicks are fine so far; hoping for pictures soon.

Guess all that overzealous rooster attention is leading to something good, anyway. Doing his part to spread Buff Orp genes around our region. Now if only one of OUR hens would decide to hatch out some of those fertilized eggs here, herself...

A rooster-related request for all you chicken-keepers out there: Schmutzie (I’ve mentioned her before, a bit more quirky and risqué than this humble site) recently got some very sobering news. She would love some inspirational pictures of strong roosters to collect here. Rooster-owners, how about sending some “real” chicken power her way!?

2 comments:

cyndy said...

Oh do I sympathize with you about your hens...I have given away many fertile eggs that have been hatched out in the incubator, but my gals have never hatched one! They get close (I once had 15 eggs that were within a few days of hatching..) and I've about given up. Guess they have other things to do!

cyndy said...

PS...I have tagged you....