Thursday, May 03, 2007

Raising Soul

Ahhh...

So, where to begin? I sit here at my computer, a small sprig of cedar nearby. We have cedar here, but this is special, “imported” cedar. It is a reminder of an amazing experience, a weekend spent in reflection and reenergizing in Vermont. A small retreat center on the shore of a big lake (Lake Champlain), spring just beginning to spring, buds bursting, fiddleheads unfurling, eagles soaring. And an amazing, gifted workshop facilitator who gently led the group while participating, herself. Creating sacred space, ritual, hugs, healing, laughing, connecting.

Words really do pale when I try to explain the experience, even to myself. I was shy about telling people that I was going on a retreat to connect with my soul (sounds kinda cheesy, eh?), but something drew me there. I had a free plane ticket waiting around from years of occasional flying, so it really was a very reasonable indulgence, price-wise. I savored every minute of the trip. Met some people I consider kin. Found inspiration for the journey.

I really don’t understand why or how the experience held so much power, but it truly did. I went hoping to just rest and maybe relax; I found instead that I was asking (and receiving answers) to big questions that were simmering in the back of my mind. The Universe can provide some pretty obvious signs, when one is receptive. I was truly blessed, and am feeling powerful and hopeful for the future. The world looks different to me, in a very beautiful way. I hope to share this peace with WF, as well, and maybe... Namaste, Universe, and aho!

I will perhaps be writing more on this, and sharing bits with some of you personally, but I did want to share the link here. Visit Annie O’Shaughnessy’s Soul Flares and see for yourself. The website just gives a tiny taste; it’s hard to show so much impact in a little page, I think. Trust me, it was AMAZING. Go if you can. Read the good thoughts on the page if you can’t get away. Annie is planning on creating a “Wild Soul Tour 2008”: perhaps we’ll even host her in Minnesota. She’s not a guru offering a religious experience (not a cult, don't worry) just a regular, soulful, honest person who has a great skill at connecting. I hope many more people can find this kind of power and peace.

Thanks, and blessed be!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool, tell us more!

Tina T-P said...

Hello - glad you had a good time on your trip. I have nominated you for the Thinking Blogger award - stop by and see what it's about. T.
http://ablipontheradar.blogspot.com/2007/05/wow.html