Friday, February 08, 2008

Amazing Movie

The trailer for the amazing movie "The Business of Being Born" is up on their website now. Go watch it! I believe the movie will be available on Netflix soon, if it's not coming to your town.

I was lucky enough to see a preview of this movie a couple months ago, surrounded by other pregnant mamas in the "birth community" of my town. It was an emotional experience. I get teary-eyed just watching the trailer!

I am seeing a midwife and planning a natural birth... I had already decided that before seeing this movie, but this movie gives me lots of great stats (and emotional images!) to back up that decision. Birth can be an empowering experience, and I want to know and experience that power. I know it won't be easy, but we are doing everything we can to prepare: mentally, physically and logistically. Here's to the innate knowledge and power in all women!

No comments: